[Freeswitch-users] Inbound SIP URI from external domain has Caller ID of local domain

Tom Carlson tom at tomcarlson.com
Mon Jun 24 23:07:44 MSD 2013

I want to provide a public SIP URI for people to call.

I have added this into the public dialplan

<extension name="toms public sip uri">
    <condition field="destination_number" expression="^tom$">
      <action application="transfer" data="1000 XML default"/>
    </condition>
  </extension>

This is working.  If somebody from 1004 at remote.org  calls me at
sip:tom at example.com:5080 , my 1000 extension rings.

However, the caller-id showing up on my Android phone, which is to
extension 1000, is showing 1004 at example.com

Desired behavior would be for it to show up as 1004 at remote.org

How can I cause the caller-id to show the remote domain, or at very least,
to not lie to me and tell me it's a call from inside my own domain.