[Freeswitch-users] remove in local SDP word FREESWITCH

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Mon Jun 24 11:16:57 MSD 2013

Where did I say that FS was broken? I said sonus (which is very widely used)
is broken and we use proper endpoint tagging (in the SDP and other places)
to identify broken endpoints so we can properly compensate for it

On 6/24/13 2:07 AM, "Dmitry Lysenko" <dvl36.ripe.nick at gmail.com> wrote:

> Freeswitch is open source and that's great. So checking  the sources will
> resolve this problem.
>

> 2013/6/24 Ken Rice <krice at freeswitch.org>
>> Which breaks actually breaks things... For example... We actually put FS into
>> a special mode when we detect sonus... Why would we do this? Because sonus
>> has broken RTP and we have to do this for compatibility reasons... Theres
>> other things that may happen along these lines also...
>>

>> On 6/24/13 1:19 AM, "John M" <j_mj at aol.com <http://j_mj@aol.com> > wrote:
>>
>>> I don't think anyone expects that security by obscurity is all you need ..
>>> but in terms of tools that you use to secure your network it's a valid
>>> addition.
>>>
>>> Kinda like putting your hand over the keypad while entering your PIN at the
>>> ATM, it's not all you need to do but it's an extra step to help keep your
>>> account secure.
>>>
>>> If I present my server as an asterisk server and the attacker has a special
>>> set of scripts to attack Asterisk .. he'll probably/might use them and when
>>> it fails .. move on.
>>>
>>> In regard to the ability to be able to disguise the switch name .. i think
>>> this is a valid reason.
>>>
>>> Another one that comes to mind is competition .. we work in a tight local
>>> market and have some competitors that follow us liek sheep .. whatever price
>>> we set they follow.. etc..
>>>
>>> They run similar platforms hosted on Asterisk servers .. we are switching to
>>> FS and this is going to give us an edge .. I don't want these competitors to
>>> know that we are using a superior platform .. so I modify the name so if
>>> they are connected to us via a psuedo account to monitor our features they
>>> still think we're using Asterisk...

HI ALL ,

please help me ,how to change or remove o=*"FreeSWITCH"* in free switch Cli
Log .

any idea ??

o=FreeSWITCH 1369449071 1369449072 IN IP4 10.10.50.1
   s=FreeSWITCH
   c=IN IP4 10.10.50.1

_

>>> http://wiki.freeswitch.org