[Freeswitch-users] FS stress test issue

Brian Foster bdfoster at davri.com
Wed Jun 19 16:03:10 MSD 2013

There's all sorts of ways to make the host more efficient (I wouldn't
really consider it making freeswitch 'run faster'). They may or may not fit
your use case.

Q1: Are you transcoding?
If yes, you could use a transcoding card from Sangoma or Digium. Make sure
you aren't transcoding calls that don't need to be transcoded by using late
codec negotiation.

Q2: Are you using the default SQLite as your database?
If so, you have several possibilities. You could load the SQLite database
into RAM. The more preffered option would be to use a different machine for
the database and use Postgres instead of SQLite.

Q3: Are there other applications running on the host (web servers, other
databases, even your call logic)?
If so, put them elsewhere. Call logic could be handled by another server by
using mod_xml_curl or something similar. Make sure that server is up to the
task.

Q4: Do you really need 800 calls running on one server?
I don't know if I'd trust a server with 800 calls (it doesn't matter what
your running to handle them). If for some reason the server fails (hardware
or software), you could lose your calls. After I did all of the above, I
would go ahead and get at least one other freeswitch server up and running.
My rule is to never put more than 500 calls on one server at any given
time. YMMV.

Thank you,

Brian Foster
Project Manager/Owner's Rep.