[Freeswitch-users] mod_portaudio on Raspberry Pi currently broken?

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Tue Jun 18 02:20:29 MSD 2013

Its not just those directories you¹ll have a problem with... There are also
permissions on the devices that are required for usb and other devices to
work properly... USB devices may or may not have the correct perms for
${whatever} group/user to access them

On 6/17/13 5:11 PM, "Lesley Pervis" <lesley.pervis at gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree, but I'm not sure where. You've had it working on Wheezy? I usually
> create a 'freeswitch' user and chown everything in /usr/local/freeswitch to be
> owned by it, along with /var/run/freeswitch and /var/lib/freeswitch. The
> freeswitch user is in the audio group. OSS kernel modules are loaded. I tried
> chowning everything to the 'pi' user as well in case there's something odd in
> Wheezy for created users, but nope. FS can't see devices running as the pi
> user either.
>

> On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 3:33 PM, Ken Rice <krice at freeswitch.org> wrote:
>> This sounds like a permissions issue
>>

>> On 6/17/13 4:00 PM, "Lesley Pervis" <lesley.pervis at gmail.com
>> <http://lesley.pervis@gmail.com> > wrote:
>>
>>> Has anyone got mod_portaudio to discover devices on Debian with FA running
>>> as non-root user?
>>>
>>> When I run FS as root, devices discovered. When I run as pi or freeswitch
>>> ids, no devices discovered. Both users are in the audio group, oss kernel
>>> modules are loaded.
>>>
>>> http://wiki.debian.org/SoundFAQ

So I thought I'd try 1.2.9 mod_portaudio on RPi. Fresh install, running FS
as root, with the only change to add mod_portaudio to modules.conf.xml, but
mod_portaudio is unable to find devices. Alsa is working fine. I can aplay
files and get output. Any ideas on how to get a somewhat stable branch of FS
working with mod_portaudio?

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 9:50 AM, Raymond Chandler
<intralanman at freeswitch.org <http://intralanman@freeswitch.org>
<http://intralanman@freeswitch.org> > wrote:
On 13-04-18 07:24 PM, Lesley Pervis wrote:
> Wow, that's great, thanks. Hadn't heard of switchpi yet. FS and pi
> seem made for each other.
>
> Forgot to mention, I was building on the stable branch.
we're testing the latest version of portaudio in a branch right now.
feel free to test and comment your findings on
http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FS-3387

-Ray

consulting at freeswitch.org <http://consulting@freeswitch.org>
<http://consulting@freeswitch.org>