[Freeswitch-users] User variables are not inserted when bridging to user

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 15 05:15:24 MSD 2013

I'm using the latest 1.2 stable branch.

I want one of my directory users to have specific codec preferences, so I do in my XML directory:

  <user id="7012">
    <params>
      <param name="a1-hash" value="538db5a1dcf95cd9df44bf2ff0430c4b"/>
    </params>
    <variables>
      <variable name="absolute_codec_string" value="G722,PCMA,PCMU"/>
    </variables>
  </user>

But when the call is bridged to user/7012, this variable is not taken into account, and the session inherits the codec from A-leg.

When the user dials out, I see this variable in the "info" output, but not when the user extension gets called.

Any idea why? Wiki says, the user variables should be used in both in- and out- calls, and the source code looks quite right.

thanks