[Freeswitch-users] configure fails to find libpq

kellon.langdon at sis-grenada.com kellon.langdon at sis-grenada.com
Fri Jun 14 21:40:43 MSD 2013

Hi Claus / Steven

I have also bee having problems with freeswitch find libpq. I have tried with version 1.2.10 down to 1.2.7. what i've found on my system

Platform CentOS 6.4
Postgresql 9.2

using the following configure options
./configure --enable-core-pgsql-support LDFLAGS="-L/usr/pgsql-9.2/lib" CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/pgsql-9.2/include"

freeswitch no longer complains about not finding lpg. Another error is thrown out. This new problem is to do with mod_xml_scgi which seems to be an old bug and the problem I'm having currently.

Try the options given above and see. I suspect you only need the --enable-core-pgsql-support.

Kellon

From:     Claus Andersen <clan at wheel.dk>
Date:     06/14/13 12:07Subject:  Re: [Freeswitch-users] configure fails to find libpq

On Fri, 14 Jun 2013, Steven Ayre wrote:

> Adding this line immediately before AC_CHECK_LIB, bootstrap.sh again, and then try configure.
> LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS `$PG_CONFIG --libdir`"
>
> It's a possible workaround rather than an actual fix (and an ugly one at that since it then keeps that lib
> directory for the rest of the script). One I haven't actually tested since libpq-dev on my system (Debian)
> installs to /usr/lib so doesn't have your issue. So let us know how you get on with it.
>
> If detected POSTGRESQL_LDFLAGS is already set containing the correct path so if that's what gets used by the
> build it might not be a problem past the configure stage.

I assume that the following has the same effect:

$ LDFLAGS="${LDFLAGS} -L/usr/pgsql-9.2/lib"
$ export LDFLAGS
$./configure --enable-core-pgsql-support

This fails during make and I have written a sperate mail to that effect. I
will try your suggestion as well.

Would the proper procedure be to file a new bug or should the make error
be filed as a seperate (but related) bug?

Kind Regards,
Claus Andersen