[Freeswitch-users] G.729 transcoder licensing

Guillermo Ruiz Camauer grcamauer at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 20:24:06 MSD 2013

If you are running a high traffic system, be careful and check CPU
utilization, as another 50 transcoding sessions might put you into
dangerous territory.  Digium or Sangoma are you friends in that case.
Their boards take a lot of load off a high traffic system. What I don't
know is if both technologies can coexist in one system (120 transcoding
sessions from a Digium board + XX soft licenses)  how would it decide which
to use first?

Guillermo

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Alex Lake <alex at digitalmail.com> wrote:

> Well, I will be able to now. ;-)
> It just seems that it might be more sensible, when out of licenses, to
> at least offer the prospect of a call using an alternative codec.
> Sometimes it's hard to predict how many licenses are required.
> > Why can't you detect that now? You should be able to detect that you are
> at
> > or near the upper limit in the dialplan via API in a chan var and go from
> > there... If you are constantly running out of licenses you probably don't
> > have enough
> >

> > On 6/13/13 5:27 AM, "Alex Lake" <alex at digitalmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks
> >>>
> >> That's a shame. I wonder what ways around that might be. Presumably one
> >> can work out how many are in use, and if it's at or near the max, one
> >> could possibly dynamically change the config and reload the appropriate
> >> bit (presumably a reloadxml wouldn't be the right bit).

> >> Professional FreeSWITCH Consulting Services:
> >> consulting at freeswitch.org
> >> http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com
> >>

> >> Official FreeSWITCH Sites
> >> http://www.freeswitch.org