[Freeswitch-users] sending 183 WITHOUT SDP from dialplan

Matthew Meek mmeek at contractworld.jobs
Mon Jun 10 20:36:50 MSD 2013

I am attempting to setup FS as an B2BUA SBC between a telco platform and
a telco SIP trunk. Everything is fine except for one call-flow scenario:

We need to sometimes "reject" calls by sending reason code 17, which is
quite easy by sending a SIP 486. The issue is that the far-end first
receives early media and then the reason code 17, and the far-end switch
is bonding the B-leg media for 55 seconds instead of moving on in the
dial-plan. When comparing this to our PRI build-out, the difference is
that in the PRI-buildout, no early-media is sent. In the SIP world, we
are sending a 183 with SDP to setup the early media...

If I don't send early media, the telco will inject their own early media
path... so I need a work-around.

The telco is asking that we send specifically a 183 WITHOUT SDP, which I
am having trouble figuring out how to do. I know how to send the 180
WITHOUT SDP, a 183 WITH SDP, but I cannot find the solution to sending
183 WITHOUT SDP...

I know it is unusual to send 183 without SDP, but it is still RFC
compliant...

Thoughts?

Matthew Meek