[Freeswitch-users] Ticket triage - everyone can do their bit!

Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd] cal.leeming at simplicitymedialtd.co.uk
Mon Jun 10 16:48:39 MSD 2013

Hello all,

I've done triage on the following tickets, needs someone with higher JIRA
privs to sign off;

http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FS-5495 (needs input from core dev)
http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FS-5497 (suggested wontfix - needs
waiting on reporter)
http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FS-5482 (needs clean patch - waiting on
reporter)
http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FS-5478 (waiting on reporter)
http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FS-5427 (waiting on reporter)

For anyone who's reading, this triage took about 25 minutes which I did
when I needed a change of focus - if everyone did this, we would be able to
clear down the ticket queue much faster.

If you want a good place to start;
http://jira.freeswitch.org/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20FS%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Open%20ORDER%20BY%20created%20DESC%2C%20priority%20DESC

That above link will give you new tickets in the order they were created..
aim for tickets which don't yet have a reply, you can either offer
assistance on the problem, or give your thoughts on what the appropriate
action should be. Make sure you clearly state what your thoughts are, so
that when core dev or triage admin comes along, they can get the ticket
resolved much quicker. Usually I tend to aim for 5 tickets, or a maximum of
30 minutes - which ever comes first.

And remember, this is a great way to claim your 5-for-1 token too! (for
every 5 tickets you triage, you can ask for a core dev to give eyes on any
ticket of your choice).

Cal