[Freeswitch-users] Fwd: Originating a call between an user and mod_httapi-based IVR service - passing some correlation ID

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Jun 6 23:51:07 MSD 2013

Welcome to FreeSWITCH!

Yes, inbound ESL is fine for originating the call. I recommend doing some
tests with originate and dumping all of the information that comes into the
HTTAPI request so that you can get an idea of what values you have to
choose from.

As a shameless plug I will highly recommend the FreeSWITCH
Cookbook<http://link.packtpub.com/nuIOlX>and FreeSWITCH
1.2 <http://www.packtpub.com/freeswitch-1-2/book> book. They will get you
up and running as quickly as possible.

Thanks,
Michael

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 12:18 PM, Rafal Gwizdala <rafal.gwizdala at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi, i'm just beginning to learn FreeSwitch and have a quick question to you
> I want to implement an automated IVR-like service that will be used for
> calling selected customers and performing a survey/collecting some data
> from them.
> I decided to use mod_httapi for handling the calls, but since my
> application will be calling the customers I need to initiate the call too.
> I'd like to do that using an inbound event socket, by sending 'originate'
> command.
> And my questions are:
> 1. Is this a correct approach, or maybe there's a better method of
> initiating such call?
> 2. How to pass some correlation id when originating the call so that it
> would be delivered back to my application with mod_httapi request? I just
> need to correlate the initiation of the call with the call handler code
> that will be invoked later.
>
> Thanks and best regards
> Rafal

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org