[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch SDP manipulation with dynamic payload types

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 12:14:21 MSD 2013

Those are not valid names for G729. Your device is broken in sending them
in that manner, but FS is able to recognise it and work around it it seems.

Annex A is an alternative encoding method. Lower CPU usage. The other side
does not need to know because the output is compatible with the standard
G729 decoder.

Annex B (silence compression) is indicated by a annexb=yes flag. Not
through the codec name. Again the output can be decoded by a client not
supporting annexb so the same name is used and you only send the flag to
request the other side does or does not do silence compression.

-Steve