[Freeswitch-users] How can I tell sangoma card to do not transcode

Guillermo Ruiz Camauer grcamauer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 17:49:48 MSD 2013

Yes, you can configure the Sangoma card to only transcode G729.

The Sangoma transcoder will perform transcoding for all codecs listed in
the codec module configuration file: sangoma_codec.conf.xml
By default, the codec module is already pre-configured to perform all codec
translations for *G729*.  If you require only g729 translations you do not
need to edit any information.

Guillermo

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 9:05 AM, Michael Jerris <mike at jerris.com> wrote:

> This question is best directed to sangoma.
>
> Mike
>
> On Jun 5, 2013, at 7:38 AM, Mino Haluz <mino.haluz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm doing a research regarding transcoding before buying sangoma card, I
> have two questions guys:
>
> 1) If I use card with 240 sessions, it means I can transcode just 120 CC (
> http://wiki.sangoma.com/FreeSWITCH-transcoding) right?
> 2) Can I tell FS to use Sangoma card only if transcoding with G729 ?
> Because it seems to me that SW transcoding is cheaper than HW transcoding
> when dealing with G711/G722/GSM, isnt it? As well as 20$ per 1 CC G729
> license for SW transcoding.
>
> Thanks,
> Mino

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org