[Freeswitch-users] Channel Ringing event

mbo mbodbg at gmx.net
Tue Jun 4 15:57:08 MSD 2013

I'm looking for an event on which I can trigger when a channel is ringing. From what I have seen in the wiki this should be the CHANNEL_PROGRESS event. We have connected freeswitch with a Sangoma A104 card to the PSTN. The problem is that we do not always get a CHANNEL_PROGRESS event. It seems that the event is only fired when we receive a PROGRESS message in the Q.931 protocol, which is not always the case. However in Q.931 we always get an ALERT message, which seems not to be translated into a reasonable ESL message. We also tried to trigger on the CHANNEL_CALLSTATE event with Parameter Original-Channel-Call-State=RINGING,however also this event was sometime missing. The field Channel-Call-State is either "ACTIVE", "EARLY" or DOWN, but never "RINGING"

Is there any other event I can trigger on, or is it a bug when I never receive a CHANNEL_CALLSTATE event with Channel-Call-State=RINIGING?

Thanks

Markus