[Freeswitch-users] Remove scheduled broadcast in javascript

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Jul 29 19:45:18 MSD 2013

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 6:11 AM, Matt Broad <matt at inveroak.com> wrote:

>  Hi Anthony,
> just an update to say that the change you made works perfectly!
>
> Just to outline, Using javascript I first set a scheduled broadcast for x
> seconds time (which in this case will also end the call).  If something
> occurs before this broadcast, the broadcast should be canceled.
>
> To do this I used the following javascript:
>
> //set the broadcast to play and then end the call
> session.execute("sched_broadcast", "+60
> playback!normal_clearing::/sounds/callending.mp3 both");
>
> //I now need to get the task ID for this broadcast
> var endCallBroadcastTaskID = session.getVariable("last_sched_id");
>
> //now check for something. if something happend then cancel the broadcast
> using the taskid collected previously
> if (somethingHappened == true)
> {
>     session.execute("sched_cancel",endCallBroadcastTaskID);
> }
>
> I will happily add to the wiki to include this change/addition, but will
> need a few pointers in doing so.  Is there a page on the wiki explaining
> how to do this?

We have an introduction page here:
https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Documentation_Guidelines

We use Mediawiki which is the same software used by Wikipedia. In your case
it looks like you just need to update an existing page which is easier than
trying to create a new one from scratch. Be sure to request a wiki account
from the login screen if you don't already have one.

-MC

--
Michael S Collins
Twitter: @mercutioviz