[Freeswitch-users] Issues with using avmd from python script

Raghu srraghu45 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 10:01:50 MSD 2013

Thanks MC, i made the change and avmd was able to detect beep on few
occasions everything else remaining same. Also, i wasnt able to send the
message to voicemail, i tried with invoking sleep of 3secs

from freeswitch import *

# WARNING: known bugs with hangup hooks, use with extreme caution
def hangup_hook(session, what):

    consoleLog("info","hangup hook for RAJ  %s!!\n\n" % what)
    return

def input_callback(session, what, obj):

    if (what == "dtmf"):
        consoleLog("info", what + " from callback " + obj.digit + "\n")
        return
    elif (what == "event" and session.getVariable('avmd_detect') == "TRUE"):
        consoleLog("info", "Voicemail Detected\n")

    return "TRUE"

def handler(session, args):

    session.answer()
    callback = session.setInputCallback("input_callback")
    session.execute("avmd", "start")
    consoleLog("info", "AVMD start\n")
    session.execute("sleep", "16000")
    consoleLog("info", "AVMD status %s\n" %
session.getVariable('avmd_detect'))
    if session.getVariable('avmd_detect'):
         session.execute("sleep", "3000")
         consoleLog("info", "Beep Detected\n")
         session.execute("speak", "flite|kal|'Hi this is '")
         session.execute("avmd", "stop")
    session.execute("speak", "flite|kal|'Hi this is '")
    consoleLog("info","callback returned for  %s!!\n\n" % callback)
    session.execute("avmd", "stop")
    consoleLog("info", "AVMD stop\n")
    session.setHangupHook(hangup_hook)

    session.hangup() #hangup the call