[Freeswitch-users] Record write part of all legs in a bridge call

Doron Kruh doron at lexifone.com
Wed Jul 24 11:50:44 MSD 2013

Hi Anthony,

Thank you very much for your answer.

We have done multiple tests before publishing the question with both
READ_ONLY and WRITE_ONLY options.
I think that the basic missing information is how to use the record_session
command in the context of the relevant call leg - in all the use cases we
tried , the record_session always referred to the first caller (leg a) as
the media direction reference point (in the write channel we only saw the
audio originated from leg a - without any played prompts - where in the
read channel we see the audio originated from leg b + the played prompts).
What we would like to achieve is recording only the write channel for both
call legs - the first record_session command (referring to leg a) is
currently placed in a dial plan just before the bridge command :

    <action application="set" data="ignore_early_media=true"/>
    <action application="set" data="media_bug_answer_req=true"/>
    <action application="set" data="enable_file_write_buffering=false"/>
    <action application="set" data="RECORD_WRITE_ONLY=true"/>
    <action application="set" data="RECORD_MIN_SEC=1"/>
    <action application="record_session" data="${recordFileName}"/>
    <action application="bridge"
data="sofia/gateway/XXX/${destination_number}"/>

I think that the real question is where should we call the second
record_session so it will refer leg b?

Again , many thanks for your attention,

Doron.

Doron Kruh,