[Freeswitch-users] Help designing setup

Jose Suero ms at mstn.com
Tue Jul 23 19:16:28 MSD 2013

Hello all

I'm setting up a simple voip service and I need some help, we currently
have an opensips server with RTP Proxy on it, that handles registration
for all phones, behind it there's one (soon to be several) freeswitch
servers that handle sip trunks, voicemail, ivr and so on. Aside for some
problems this seems to be working fine.

We now have to collect CDR records and limit calls, do prepaid and so
on.

What do you think would be better:

a)Our current setup opensips for registration rtpproxy (or mediaproxy
if we use CDRTool) with freeswitch on the back
b)Only have opensips as a load balancer and handle registration and RTP
with freeswitch, and collect CDRs and limit there
c)handle registration at opensips level and RTP with freeswitch (where
would we collect CDRs?)

thanks in advance

Jose Suero