[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch performance issues

Vladimir Getmanshchuk vladget at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 20:05:45 MSD 2013

Hello!
For first thank you all for time!

On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 1:38 PM, Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd] <
cal.leeming at simplicitymedialtd.co.uk> wrote:

> I'll be completely honest here, the information you are giving is not
> really enough for us to tell you what is happening - and that's probably
> why you've had very little response on this thread.

I got this, but I've asked which additional information I should provide,
but got no answers.

> Jeff has given you some advice on what to try - can you please test this
> and confirm whether or not the advice to pass CPU feature flags to the
> guest made any impact?
>

> The FS community relies on users doing their homework.. if you were a new
> user attempting to do something in development then perhaps someone might
> hold hand you through it.. but you are asking someone to donate their time
> to help you fix a production problem.

I got it, you are right, sorry my bad.

> As for the proxy media question, a very simple Google search would have
> answered your question;
>
> https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Proxy_Media
> Set proxy_media=true before the bridge.
> <action application="set" data="proxy_media=true"/>

Ive just confused, from this wiki info

*Setting Variables for the B-leg thread-global:*

bridge {variable_scope=thread_global}[variable_scope=endpoint-1]<target_endpoint>[,[variable_scope=endpoint-2]<target_endpoint>][|[variable_scope=endpoint-3]<target_endpoint>]

and sets proxy_media variable before bridge in {} and this was my mistake.

> Again you need to do as much home work as you can /before/ posting on the
> mailing list, otherwise people are simply just not going to help you.

I'll... Sorry for this thread!

> Moving forward, you could try providing trace information, logs, graphs
> and anything else you can think of - and perhaps someone else will pick it
> up and help out.
>
> Cal
>

> On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 10:33 AM, Vladimir Getmanshchuk <vladget at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> anyway, all stream on both legs(a and b) on all calls was in PCMA, why FS
>> was so loaded? is it did transcoding from PCMA-to-PCMA or did ptime
>> reframing?
>>
>> please advice how to use proxy_media not globally, but only per call
>> config.
>>
>> thank you for your time.
>>

>> On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 12:12 PM, Vladimir Getmanshchuk <
>> vladget at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I was wrong with my previous email, looks like issue was in proxy_media
>>> variable which I used to set before bridge string like {proxy_media=true}
>>> sofia/profile_name/1234567989 at host:port did not enabled proxy mode for
>>> call, and only when I've set     <param name="inbound-proxy-media"
>>> value="true"/> globally in sip profile performance issue was gone.
>>>
>>> and I see codecs as proxy at core.db:
>>> select read_codec, write_codec from channels limit 1;
>>> PROXY|PROXY
>>> before it was:
>>> PCMA|PCMA
>>>
>>> so looks like variable proxy_media does not work...
>>> any advice?

>>> --
>>> Yours sincerely,
>>> Vladimir Getmanshchuk