[Freeswitch-users] freetdm dahdi permissions Debian - with debian packages installed.

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Wed Jul 17 05:16:33 MSD 2013

On 07/16/2013 06:06 PM, Stefan Knoblich wrote:

> so you might want to check what the init script is doing
>
> (to get the list of groups ids of the running process:  grep Groups: /proc/`pidof freeswitch`/status)

I think you mean $ grep Gid /proc/pidof freeswitch/status

and both uid and gid belong to freeswitch

Uid:    999     999     999     999
Gid:    999     999     999     999

I'm puzzled by this - unless while freetdm is being configured it is running with a different group??

The command line:

# ps ax |grep free
  2534 pts/0    S+     0:00 grep free
30110 ?        S<l    0:48 /usr/bin/freeswitch -u freeswitch -g freeswitch -nc -rp -nonat

My workaround has me going forward for now - but the issue has me scratching my head.

I would also recommend putting a note about adding freeswitch to the hardware device's group in
/usr/share/doc/freeswitch-mod-freetdm/ in the freeswitch-mod-freetdm package.

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://secure.transtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

The difference between the news and a sit-comm? One is carefully directed to pull on emotional
heart-strings in order to retain viewers; the other is a sit-com. TJ