[Freeswitch-users] Is Cluecon for me?

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Jul 16 00:41:08 MSD 2013

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 1:20 PM, Jose Suero <ms at mstn.com> wrote:

> And do you think I might get help if i have specific problems and get
> help??

Yes! You can talk to many of the FreeSWITCH mailing list regulars live and
in person. If you need more than just a few minutes then you might need to
arrange an appointment with some of the guys so that they can plan their
time. Ask around when you get there and most likely we will be able to put
you in touch with a fellow attendee who is an expert in your subject.

-MC

> Ken Rice <krice at freeswitch.org> wrote:
>
> Yes Cluecon is for you!
>
> Cluecon has a wide mix of users and developers and voip support people.
> Not just the uber-experienced guys, but also people just trying to learn
> what its about.
>
> The presentations will be all over the place from the basics through
> advanced concepts.
>
> But the original poster got it right when he said he seems to learn as
> much from other attendees as from the formal sessions. That’s what its all
> about.
>
> Cluecon is a Conference, not a “tradeshow” where you see a few talks about
> people trying to get you to use their product, its about us technical
> people getting together and trading ideas, showing off things we have been
> working on, and networking with our peers.
>
> Keep in mind, that Cluecon is Not the “FreeSWITCH” conference, but it is a
> Communications Conference. FreeSWITCH didn’t even exist at the first
> ClueCon.
>
> So come out out, its fun, you will learn a lot, and you will get to
> interact with the “rock stars” of VoIP.

> On 7/15/13 8:52 AM, "Jose Suero" <ms at mstn.com> wrote:
>
> i'm in your exact same spot. Would love to hear some answers
>
> admin <admin at tedssupply.com> wrote:
>

>  Hi, Just thought some of you could help me decide about attendance.
>  Just put in first system, learning fast, but many times the hard way!
>  Worked through the books and wiki, so I am past being a beginner.  I was
> looking at the list of presentations and although they seemed very
> interesting, I need some "intermediate" knowledge.  Most conferences I
> attend, I seem to learn as much around the other attendees as I do in the
> formal sessions.
>

>  If you have any thoughts I would greatly appreciate them.  I also need
> to justify the expense...
>

>  Thanks,
>

>  James
>
> ------------------------------