[Freeswitch-users] Is Cluecon for me?

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Jul 15 20:43:39 MSD 2013

This question reminds me of my first ClueCon back in 2008. I went there
knowing very little but came back knowing that there was a lot more out
there. It was good to meet a lot of the community members. I also
remembered that some of the presentations were beyond me but others were
extremely informative. I really enjoyed being able to go up to one of the
speakers after his presentation and discuss the subject further. The value
of face-to-face discussions with other attendees cannot be overstated.

If using FreeSWITCH and/or other open source telephony software projects is
part of your business then the question isn't whether you can justify the
expense of attending - it's whether you can justify not investing in
attending. There is simply no better place to get connected with the wider
OSS telephony community, to meet business and technical contacts, and to
learn more about VoIP/telephony in ways that can help your specific
implementation.

We definitely hope to see you this year and at many more ClueCons to come.

-Michael

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 8:20 AM, Moshe3t <moshe3t at gmail.com> wrote:

>  you are right with the point that you can learn as much around other
> attendees as from formal sessions, (hence a conference not a webinar)
> however i have been to many conferences including cluecon and I have seen
> that cluecon being the only conference that is really community driven, an
> open minded culture all suggestions and ideas are not just taken in
> consideration it is appreciated, and it helps the cluecon dev team if not
> financially morally, aside the fact that Micheal's effort assures the
> sessions are really informative, educating and entertaining.
>
> Sincerely
>
> Moshe
>

> On 7/15/2013 5:53 AM, admin wrote:
>
>  Hi, Just thought some of you could help me decide about attendance.
>  Just put in first system, learning fast, but many times the hard way!
>  Worked through the books and wiki, so I am past being a beginner.  I was
> looking at the list of presentations and although they seemed very
> interesting, I need some "intermediate" knowledge.  Most conferences I
> attend, I seem to learn as much around the other attendees as I do in the
> formal sessions.
>
>  If you have any thoughts I would greatly appreciate them.  I also need
> to justify the expense...
>
>  Thanks,
>
>  James
>
> --