[Freeswitch-users] Limiting available codecs in bypass media mode

Victor Chukalovskiy victor.chukalovskiy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 22:52:04 MSD 2013

I had a similar problem where I needed to filter inbound INVITEs based
on the codec while keeping the call in bypass media mode. Here is what I
did:

In SIP profile:
<param name="inbound-codec-prefs" value="PCMU"/>
<param name="outbound-codec-prefs" value="PCMU"/>
<param name="inbound-late-negotiation" value="false"/> - this is default
behavior anyway
<action application="set" data="bypass_media=false"/>

In the dialplan:
<action application="set" data="bypass_media=true"/>

I understand that what you want is a bit different. I believe that in
addition to the above,  you can explicitly indicate PCMU in the outbound
INVITE.