[Freeswitch-users] How to calculate server requirements for Freeswitch.

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Thu Jul 11 03:15:48 MSD 2013

You¹re going to have to load test it in your specific configuration and go
from there... Things like number of calls that have to get transcoded,
amount of call recording, etc etc will greatly affect the number of calls
you are going to get... Unfortunately there is no general rule of thumb,
however, I can tell you to scale that large you are going to need a number
of servers not just one large one... You¹re talking 60 to 80,000 call legs
there. The most single leg calls I have ever seen on a box is 30K, and then
it was just playing back a media file, and it was a very large box...

On 7/10/13 6:09 PM, "Mahendra Bhegade" <bhegades at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I plan to use Freeswitch and would have 20,000 conference calls with about 3-4
> person in each of the conference. Some of them would record their conference
> calls,
>
> How do I go about calculating the server resource needs.
>
> What are all the factors that I should be looking at,
>
> Mahendra Bhegade

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

Ken
http://www.FreeSWITCH.org