[Freeswitch-users] mod_opus codec on Windows

Jeff Leung jleung at v10networks.ca
Sat Jul 6 10:10:05 MSD 2013

As I heard on last Wednesday's conference call, mod_opus isn't "available"
on Windows, basically meaning that FreeSWITCH users can't fully implement
WebRTC on Windows Platforms just yet.

I have taken the steps to have the codec successfully build on this
platform; However it's a pain in the neck to build as the opus library
generates multiple libs which includes CELT and SILK codecs (Go figure).

Shoot me a message off-list if you would like to use the binary I've built
for Win64 platforms.

Before anybody asks for a 32-bit binary, the short answer is going to be no.
I won't be providing a 32-bit binary as I intend this binary to be used in a
production environment.