[Freeswitch-users] Cisco 7970G MWI + External SIP Voicemail Server

Jeremy Moschner jeremy.moschner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 12:26:55 MSD 2013

Ok, that didn't work for me (the second line shows as disconnected).

For reference, what I did was took the phone's provisioning xml file (ie.
SEP<MAC_ADDRESS>.cnf.xml and added this to create a second line:

<line button="2">
<featureID>9</featureID>
 <featureLabel>Nodephone Voicemail</featureLabel>
<proxy>203.2.134.1</proxy>
 <port>5060</port>
<name>MY DID NUMBER</name>
 <displayName>MY DID NUMBER</displayName>
<autoAnswer>
 <autoAnswerEnabled>2</autoAnswerEnabled>
</autoAnswer>
 <callWaiting>3</callWaiting>
<authName>MY DID NUMBER</authName>
 <authPassword>MY PASSWORD</authPassword>
<sharedLine>false</sharedLine>
 <messageWaitingLampPolicy>3</messageWaitingLampPolicy>
<messagesNumber>MY DID NUMBER</messagesNumber>
 <ringSettingIdle>4</ringSettingIdle>
<ringSettingActive>5</ringSettingActive>
 <contact>MY DID NUMBER</contact>
<forwardCallInfoDisplay>
 <callerName>true</callerName>
<callerNumber>false</callerNumber>
 <redirectedNumber>false</redirectedNumber>
<dialedNumber>true</dialedNumber>
 </forwardCallInfoDisplay>
</line>

This still seems like an odd configuration to me, as you have a FreeSWITCH
user (in my case, 1001) who can dial out this trunk and receive calls in
from it on the phone's first line, but cannot monitor the voice mail on
that same server.

I'm guessing that there is something more fundamental in the FreeSWITCH
configuration here.