[Freeswitch-users] FFax T.38 how to force Freeswitch to reinvite with T.38

Peter Steinbach lists at telefaks.de
Mon Jul 1 15:12:05 MSD 2013

Hello,

while receiving a fax and forwarding it to Hylafay via a tty modem
interface, we currently only get T.30 analogous fax working.

We have set
       <action application="set" data="fax_enable_t38_request=true"/>
       <action application="set" data="fax_enable_t38=true"/>
However Freeswitch does not offer a reinvite with T.38.

The strange thing is: When we receive a fax with the rxfax application
(and do not forward via tty modem to Hylafax), then Freswitch does offer
a T.38 Reinvite and the fax is received via T.38.

So
<patton> ----> <freeswitch rxfax>:    Freeswitch offers T.38 Reinvite to
Patton
<patton> ----> <freeswitch> --TTY modem--> <Hylafax>:    Freeswitch does