[Freeswitch-users] simple install question

Nick Vines jnvines at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 23:24:59 MSK 2013

Stolen from an email from Ken.

"If you need to switch between branches, you _must_ git clean -fdx and rm
all
the existing binaries in your existing FreeSWITCH install for the mod lib
and bin directories or you will most likely end up with build skew and crazy
weird segfaults..."

I think it is possible to install while freeswitch is running, but highly
advised against. Just do it at a 3am maintenance outage. You should be able
to run the bootstrap and configure before you shutdown your FS server to
reduce downtime.

On the base rackspace cloud instance (512mb version), it takes about 10 min
total from shutdown to startup of FS.