[Freeswitch-users] simple install question

Sean Devoy sdevoy at bizfocused.com
Thu Jan 31 23:13:20 MSK 2013

Hi,

I want to switch from the stable release version to the git head and rebuild
in hopes of ridding myself of the delay in connection of the audio.  On
almost all my calls I must hesitate about 1 second before saying hello or
the caller does not hear me.  I have seen many discussions saying that this
is probably fixed in the git root.  So here are my questions:

The procedure appears to be:

Log in to root

cd /usr/local/src/freeswitch

git checkout master

Which responds: Branch master set up to track remote branch master from
origin.

                                  Switched to a new branch 'master'

Then just:

make current

Is that correct?

Do I need to stop the running FS while running this?

If so, how long will I be down?  (ball park it)

I realize this is a RTFM kind of question, but I can't risk an outage.  I
need confirmation from someone who understands.

Thanks,

Sean