[Freeswitch-users] Patton FXO configuration on Freeswitch - more details

Alessio alessio at asistar.it
Wed Jan 30 20:06:39 MSK 2013

Nella citazione in data martedì 29 gennaio 2013 10:05:13, Alessio ha
scritto:
> Nella citazione in data lunedì 28 gennaio 2013 19:43:12, Michael
> Collins ha scritto:
>>
>>     Hi Michael,
>>     thanks for the reply.
>>
>>     So if I register in directory as a phone how do I get out of the
>>     gateway, for example through a bridge?
>>
>>     Alessio
>>

>> User directory is for inbound registrations and SIP auth challenges
>> for devices connecting to the CudaTel. Gateways are the opposite -
>> they are for auth challenges and registrations going from the CudaTel
>> to other devices. To dial out a gateway you just use the syntax:
>>
>> <action application="bridge"
>> data="sofia/gateway/gateway_name/${phone_number_to_send_to_gateway}"/>
>>

>> --
>> Michael S Collins
>> Twitter: @mercutioviz
>> http://www.FreeSWITCH.org
>> http://www.ClueCon.com
>> http://www.OSTAG.org

>> consulting at freeswitch.org
>> http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com
>>

>> Official FreeSWITCH Sites
>> http://www.freeswitch.org
>> http://wiki.freeswitch.org
>> http://www.cluecon.com
>>
>> FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
>> http://www.freeswitch.org
>

> So for incoming calls and recording to the PBX should I configure FXO
> in conf/directory.
> To make outgoing calls through the FXO I configure a gateway in
> conf/sip_profile.
>
> Is that correct?
>
> If so, how do I configure the gateway?
>
> Thank you,
> Alessio

Hi all!

I've solved!

For the gateway registration you need to configure a user:

 <user id="fxo1">
    <params>
      <param name="password" value="fxo1"/>
    </params>
    <variables>
      <variable name="accountcode" value="fxo1"/>
      <variable name="toll_allow" value="domestic,local,international"
/>
    </variables>
  </user>

And to make outbound call you need to configure an internal gateway:

<gateway name="fxo1">
                <param name="register" value="false"/>
                <param name="proxy" value="192.168.0.5"/>
                <param name="sip-port" value="5060"/>
                <param name="caller-id-in-from" value="true" />
</gateway>

The FXO works fine.

Thanks!