[Freeswitch-users] Help with originating calls

Gary Foreman gaz.foreman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 00:58:15 MSK 2013

Hi,

I'm very new to Freeswitch and having a bit of difficulty with the
originate command. Essentially I'm using the CLI to originate a call
however the process seems to be that the originating extension is first
called, then once answered the actual call takes place.

My application will take care of whether the agent is available so I want
to skip the first part and have the extension dial without having to be
called first, this is the way the Avaya systems I have experience with work.

I've looked at the sip_auto_answer option however my sip client doesn't
support auto answer. I'm just not sure on the correct way of achieving what
I'm looking to do, maybe some kind of bridge would be better?

Thanks in advance for your help