[Freeswitch-users] Webrtc license

Lawrence Conroy lconroy at insensate.co.uk
Tue Jan 29 01:51:50 MSK 2013

Hi Anthony, folks,
 personally, I agree that GPL is a pile of pox, but the ebola version is called Affero.

I did look at the sipml5 home, and the web site appears to claim that it is covered by GPL3.
Note -- not GNU Affero. Did a grep and can't find Affero anywhere in their source.

I had thought that it was the combination with *any* GNU Affero licensed lump that makes it viral over the socket.
[Section 13 of the GNUv3 license spells that out]. Thus, if none of it is Affero-licensed, it's just evil and wrong, not level 5 toxic.

Afferophobia had me looking at their web site in double quick time.
panic over.

all the best,
  Lawrence
p.s. agreed -- the potentially useful bit is the webrtc2sip converter gubbins