[Freeswitch-users] Debian unixODBC issues

Julian Pawlowski mail at loredo.me
Thu Jan 24 01:01:31 MSK 2013

Hi Colin,

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 9:14 PM, Colin Mason <cmason at frontiernetworks.ca>wrote:

> I had stability issues with unixODBC-2.2.14-12 on CentOS 6. Adding
> Threading = 0 to my /etc/odbcinst.ini fixed the issues I was having.

Thanks a lot for the hint!

We haven't tried this yet but it sounds promising after reading
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Using_ODBC_in_the_core#.2Fetc.2Fodbcinst.ini_for_MySQL
"Also note, (see bug below on bottom of page); If you are using the
FreeSWITCH pooled resources, then you definitely need Threading = 0 for
high call volume. What this does is it "disables a global mutex in the ODBC
core that only allows 1 concurrent operation per process regardless of the
concurrent connections." (i.e. It slows down when you have too many
connections trying at one time)"

Let's see if this actually helps. It could be that Threading=0 is default
in unixODBC version 2.3 and that is why changing to that version resolved
that issue.

Br
Julian