[Freeswitch-users] Debian unixODBC issues

Julian Pawlowski julian.pawlowski at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 21:19:54 MSK 2013

Hi all,

as mentioned in
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Using_ODBC_in_the_core#PostgreSQL_8.4_on_Debian_Squeezethere
seem to be some stability issues with the unixODBC package coming
with Debian.

I heard this is still valid for Wheezy too so I was just contacting the
package maintainer who was quite surprised to hear about this issue.
Obviously nobody told him before which is why Wheezy still uses unixODBC
version 2.2.

Now that we have a freeze for Wheezy to prepare for the official release
unixODBC 2.3 can't be included anymore. However version 2.2 could get a
patch if we are able to provide enough information about the root cause. So
this is a chance for FreeSwitch's own packages to work really smooth with
Debian without any manual correction needed ;-)

Would anybody be able to provide more advanced information, for instance a
backtrace and instructions on how to reproduce the issue?

Cheers,
Julian