[Freeswitch-users] How to test Freeswitch before moving to production?

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Jan 21 22:00:35 MSK 2013

This test suite does not presently exist. I would love to see some work
done in this area.

One challenge is that there are numerous kinds of devices that can interop
with FS so the test suite will need to have some way to handle the various
phone makes and models. Also, I don't know which hard phones, if any,
support automated testing. I would *love* to see some sort of web/network
API on various phones where you could poll the phone to see the state of
each SLA/BLF key as well as what's in the display. That would make
automated testing much cleaner. As it stands now, testing BLFs is a tedious
process of watching phones and waiting to see if the lights do what they
should be doing.

If anyone has practical suggestions (nothing pie-in-the-sky, if you get my
meaning) then by all means share with the group.

-MC

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 10:03 AM, Yehavi Bourvine <yehavi.bourvine at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   We are running version 1.0.6; we did not upgrade for a long time due to
> some problems (mainly stuck BLFs) with the newer versions which have been
> corrected a few months ago.
>
> A few weeks ago I pulled the latest GIT and did functional testings on our
> development system; all was OK.
>
> Yesterday I moved our production system to that version. After a few hours
> the problems started: stuck BLFs, hangups, LUA scripts sometimes do not
> run. I had to revert back to the old version.
>
> My question: Is there some simple test suite which I can test various
> scnarios on my development system? like, "call XX, while this call is
> active call YY which is monitored by XX and hangup", etc. It is hard to
> cover all cases manually, so I would like something automated.
>
>                    Thanks, __Yehavi:

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

Michael S Collins
Twitter: @mercutioviz