[Freeswitch-users] trouble with record_session

Ashok M magadum_ashok at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 18 23:42:42 MSK 2013

I am trying to test recording feature using record_session app. Here is my
dial plan for the internal extension that I am trying dial from another
extension which gets registered with FreeSWITCH after starting x-lite. The
record_session seems to creating the wav file, but if I try to play it back
and I don't hear anything. am I doing this right? or am I missing something
here?

<extension name="test_recording">
      <condition field="destination_number" expression="^1300$">
        <action application="set" data="continue_on_fail=true"/>
        <action application="answer"/>
        <action application="record_session"
data="d:/record/Site/recordtest.wav"/>
        <action application="sleep" data="20000"/>
        <action application="playback" data="d:/record/Site/recordtest.wav"/>
        <action application="hangup"/>
      </condition>
    </extension>

Thanks,