[Freeswitch-users] dtmf problem

Tim Bock jtbock at synacktics.com
Tue Jan 15 22:39:53 MSK 2013

I can tell you how I solved the problem I was having.  Don't know if
this is preferred, or if there is a better way, but I'm now able to
detect dtmf from all sources (pstn, cell, sip).

Apparently, mod spandsp has better dtmf detection than the dtmf
detection in the freeswitch core.  On the wiki page for spandsp
(http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_spandsp), there is a section on
dtmf.  I added the spandsp_start_dtmf parameter before calling the ivr,
and that fixed my issue.

Hope this helps,
Tim

On 01/15/2013 09:02 AM, Viacheslav Dubrovskyi wrote:
> 14.01.2013 06:39, Tim Bock ?????:
>> I have a freeswitch server with a digium tdm wildcard.  Compiled,
>> enabled, and configured freetdm and dahdi...all seems to be working fine
>> (can make/receive calls).
>>
>> My problem is with dtmf.  When calling from an external pstn number to
>> freeswitch, dtmf seems to be detected properly and consistently. But
>> when calling from a cell phone or via another voip line, dtmf doesn't
>> seem to be detected, or detected only occasionally.
>>
>> On the same system, if I call into the voip number, calls from any of
>> the three external options (landline, cell, sip) all seem to work fine
>> with dtmf.
>>
>> So the problem seems to be something I've misconfigured with the tdm
>> card.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?
> Hm. Completely the same problem.
>
> Can someone help?
>
> Here is the log http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/20447

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org