[Freeswitch-users] Early media handling on outbound call

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 14:57:52 MSK 2013

It seems odd that they immediately announce that it's not answering
then starts ringing.

That's sounds like a problem with the VoIP operator - you'll need to
report it to them.

Is the ringback tone being sent by the operator or generated locally
(eg by your softphone) when 180 Ringing is received? It would be
possible to set ignore_early_media=true which'd stop you seeing
anything until the 480. But in that case you'd also never hear any
ringback tone - unless you generated it on FS and in that case it
wouldn't necessarily mean the phone was actually ringing.

-Steve

>>> http://wiki.freeswitch.org