[Freeswitch-users] FAX problems

Steven Schoch schoch+freeswitch.org at xwin32.com
Tue Jan 15 03:23:02 MSK 2013

Thank you guys, I just sorted out the multiple sofia profiles and have FS
accepting SIP registrations on our LAN.  I plugged a phone into the LAN and
it works.

Now I'm trying to get this VoIP Plug-In for Microsoft Fax to work, that I
downloaded from www.faxback.com.  I configured it with a directory number I
created, the dialplan seems to work, but it fails when sending the test FAX.

The FAX number I'm calling is a POTS line connected to a Fax modem, which
is answered by Hylafax.  This works and is used everyday.  The faxback
software is installed on a Windows 7 machine, and configured by putting in
a proxy address of 192.168.1.17, a username and password, and address of
user at domain.

The test call rings the fax modem, it answers, but then after some
handshaking, it hangs up and the window says the call was hung up.

Hylafax says:  "No answer (T.30 T1 timeout)"

--
Steve