[Freeswitch-users] mod_amr transcoing for testing purposes

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Tue Jan 15 02:35:33 MSK 2013

There isn't really anything ridiculous about the licencing of G.729. It
may be annoying, but its pretty much the only encumbered codec where
there is a reasonably well defined path for fairly small scale users to
licence all the relevant patents (even if one or two do crawl out of the
woodwork late in the day via letters from lawyers). G.723.1, AMR,
AMR-WB, EVRC, GSM-HR, GSM-EFR, etc., are all a PITA to licence.

Regards,
Steve