[Freeswitch-users] mod_amr transcoing for testing purposes

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 23:39:17 MSK 2013

Ah, damn you're right Kristian!

The data sheet
http://sangoma.com/assets/docs/datasheets/en/d100.pdf
contains this footnode that is omitted from the web page:

"Except for AMR and AMR-WB. Integrators must clear patent license with
VoiceAge Corp."

:(

In which case anyone obtaining licenses from VoiceAge Corp should be
free to use them with any implementation...

I guess this is due to the same patent pool mess Mike mentioned?

-Steve