[Freeswitch-users] Multiple Network Interfaces

Steven Schoch schoch+freeswitch.org at xwin32.com
Mon Jan 14 22:27:48 MSK 2013

(Don't hesitate to tell me that I'm doing this the wrong way and what is
the right way to do it.)

I have 3 network cards on our Freeswitch box (which will be used as the
office PBX, as soon as I can figure out how to get this all working.)

One card is on our office LAN.  It's address is 192.168.1.17.  The default
route is 192.168.1.9, which is our PepLink Balance 20 router, which knows
how to route VoIP, and balances the outgoing network traffic via 2 WANs: an
AT&T DSL and one from tlinkbroadband.com.

The second card is connected to a PoE switch that will connect to all the
desktop phones.  It's address is 192.168.4.1.  The FS machine runs DHCP,
TFTP, FTP, and of course FS on this interface.

The third card is not yet configured with an address.  It will be an
outside address, so that users can connect from home using SIP to check
their voicemail, make office calls, etc.  It may also be used as a failsafe
interface on case the PepLink goes down.

The phones connect successfully to FS over the 192.168.4.1 address.   FS
connects to sip.flowroute.com over the default route.  Outgoing calls work.
 (When I get a DID assigned to our flowroute.com account, and get the
auto-attendant working, then I expect it will work correctly in that
direction.

What doesn't work is SIP FAX software that I just installed on a PC on the
LAN.  I attempted to connect it using 192.168.1.17, but that didn't work,
so I used 192.168.4.1, which is routed by the router to the FS box.  The
SIP registration was successful, and the test call was actually placed and
rang on the receiving FAX machine, but then it failed.  I have a suspicion
that the audio got dropped somewhere.  I also think that if I can get FS to
accept a SIP registration on the other network card, that it might work.

I can't find anything in the wiki about multiple network cards (except a
page that was removed)

--
Steve