[Freeswitch-users] sources for SIP hotline phone stations

Bote Man bote_radio at botecomm.com
Fri Jan 11 18:35:28 MSK 2013

I'm looking for a vendor of telephone stations that are suitable for
ringdown private line / hotline applications.

Of course, I could simply place an average looking SIP desk phone, but
it looks like every other telephone even though it is programmed to dial
a dedicated number. I'm hoping to find something inexpensive that either
has no dial or can be modified in a professional way to indicate to the
user that it is a special-purpose phone set. We have been using red
analog 2500-like stations connected to SIP gateways, but the phones
themselves have anemic ringers that require us to supply ancillary
ringers simply to make them loud enough to take seriously.

I have already found this line of phones from Guardian Telecom in
Calgary, Canada, but they are way more expensive than we can justify for
our projects:

http://www.guardiantelecom.com/products/V%20OIN/DTR61-V.htm

They might be suitable for mines or factories where hazardous materials
are involved, however. Our systems go in controlled indoor environments
so we don't need the phones to be bullet-proof like those are.

Thanks for any pointers!

John Boteler

communications engineer

VoiceInterop