[Freeswitch-users] RTP traffic on LAn

Avi Marcus avi at avimarcus.net
Fri Jan 11 13:19:27 MSK 2013

Seems there are two options... if the phones have a static location, you
can set a user variable for location. If they match on both phones, then
it's internal.
Or, check the contact IP for both lines -- if both are the same IP, it's
the same network.
sofia_contact gets you the entire contact string... I don't see how to get
the ip directly.
You can do "sofia status profile internal reg 1000" but the you have to
parse it.

One caveat: if there's multiple registrations turned on, you can have a
user's desk phone and a smartphone sip client on different IPs. So you'd
have to calculate if it's safe to add the bypass on each   leg separately.

Does uuid_simplify help in this case? I see no documentation on how it
worked and finding it in the source code wasn't immediately helpful.

-Avi Marcus

1-718-989-9485 (USA)
1-866-202-5850 (USA & Canada Toll Free)
02-372-1570 (Israel)