[Freeswitch-users] SIP packet exceeds MTU?

Tim St. Pierre fs-list at communicatefreely.net
Wed Jan 9 18:36:35 MSK 2013

Hello,

I'm having a problem with BLF in some cases, and I found that the length of the username
was a factor in whether the lamps worked or not.

When I did some packet captures, I found that problem packets were 1500 bytes or so.
Since the endpoint is on a DSL line that has an MTU of 1460, the packet doesn't fit.

I'm already using compressed headers.  Is there a way to reduce the packet size more, or
is there another solution?  I will include an example below:  Note that my IP address and
domain substutions may change the packet size a little, but the point is the same.

Thanks!

NOTIFY sip:XXXX at YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY:5060;transport=udp SIP/2.0
v:SIP/2.0/UDP zzz.zzz.zzz.zzz:5070;rport;branch=z9hG4bKD5QUr5m2Fm3Dp
Route:<sip:aaa.aaa.aaa.aaa:61906>;transport=udp
Max-Forwards:70
f:<sip:accountcode-701 at ourdomain.com>;tag=TrmHE4FBIrB4
t:"Tim St. Pierre"<sip:XXXX at ourdomain.com>;tag=ecc2498bfd
i:3decd12decccafe1
CSeq:448376002 NOTIFY
m:<sip:accountcode-701 at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5070;transport=udp;fs_nat=yes;fs_path=sip:yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy:61906%3Btransport%3Dudp>
User-Agent:Communicate Freely 2.0
Allow:INVITE,ACK,BYE,CANCEL,OPTIONS,MESSAGE,INFO,UPDATE,REGISTER,REFER,NOTIFY,PUBLISH,SUBSCRIBE
k:timer,precondition,path,replaces
o:dialog
u:talk,hold,conference,presence,dialog,line-seize,call-info,sla,include-session-description,presence.winfo,message-summary,refer
Subscription-State:active;expires=1137
c:application/dialog-info+xml
l:639

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<dialog-info xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:dialog-info" version="477" state="partial"
entity="sip:accountcode-701 at ourdomain.com">
<dialog id="accountcode-701" direction="initiator">
<state>confirmed</state>
<local>
<identity display="park">sip:accountcode-701 at ourdomain.com;proto=park</identity>
<target uri="sip:accountcode-701 at ourdomain.com;proto=park">
<param pname="+sip.rendering" pvalue="no"/>
</target>
</local>
<remote>
<identity display="park">sip:accountcode-701</identity>
<target