[Freeswitch-users] Issue: Invalid codec mpeg4-generic!

Muqtheear S muqtheear.s at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 04:33:08 MSK 2013

mod_mp4 module is looking for Hint tracks in the .mp4 file.
"Hint tracks are a series of instructions in a mp4 container file that
tell a server how to transmit packets."
To create hint tracks for a mp4 file is fairly simple with the mp4creator
program, we just executed the:
  mp4creator -hint=<track to hint track number> [-p <payload>] <mp4file>

As we know .mp4 has both video+audio data in it. We could also find audio
and video encoding information of a .mp4 file as shown below.

#mp4info minnale.mp4
mp4info version 1.5.0.1
minnale.mp4:
Track   Type    Info
1       video   MPEG-4 Simple @ L1, 97.833 secs, 136 kbps, 176x144 @
12.000041 fps
2       audio   MPEG-4 AAC LC, 97.568 secs, 64 kbps, 32000 Hz
3       hint    Payload MP4V-ES for track 1
4       hint    Payload mpeg4-generic for track 2
 Metadata Tool: mp4creator 1.6
Now we are getting "Invalid codec mpeg4-generic!" error.
Please guide me. Do we need to have mpeg4-generic codec in Freeswitch server?

Thanks & Regards,
Muqtheear.S