[Freeswitch-users] Fwd: freeswitch on hold

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Jan 8 03:48:51 MSK 2013

Just as an FYI, the *4 is talking about the bind meta app that is found in
the vanilla configs, Local_Extension, in conf/dialplan/default.xml. Keep in
mind that this only works when the person pressing *4 is the recipient
(i.e. the b-leg). Be sure to set up a separate extension if you want the
a-leg to be able to dial *4. (Don't forget, the "default" dialplan is an
example, so be sure to review it and make appropriate changes.)

-MC

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 1:40 PM, Tomasz Szuster <tomasz.szuster at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> Some time ago I've the same questions.
> The answer is *4.
> After you press this you can bridge two separate calls Brad and Carol.
>
> If you have 3 people on the same line then maybe you have to create
> converence, don't know this.
>
> But start with *4 :)
>
> More experienced users will help you with this.
>
> Regards.
> Tom.
>
> On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 6:28 PM, Matt Broad <matt at inveroak.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I am wondering the best way to go about putting the below service
>> together:
>>
>> Andy calls a number
>> Andy's call is bridged to Brad
>> Andy and Brad have conversation
>> Brad then puts Andy on hold via DTMF
>> Putting Andy on hold triggers a call to Carol
>> When Carol answers she will be bridged with Brad whilst Andy is on hold
>> Brad will then take Andy off hold via DTMF and all 3 will be connected
>> Brad then hangsup and Andy and Carol are left talking until either
>> hangsup
>>
>> --
>> Thanks Matt

>> consulting at freeswitch.org