[Freeswitch-users] new site, cant call OUT!

Steven Schoch schoch+freeswitch.org at xwin32.com
Tue Feb 26 21:06:27 MSK 2013

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 5:19 PM, Sean Devoy <sdevoy at bizfocused.com> wrote:

> Then I noticed the Cisco (which is in Gateway mode) has a WAN address of
> 10.1.10.10!!!  I poked around and found the Comcast Business Router on the
> other side of the Cisco.  Yippee DOUBLE NAT.  I chose to just say “NO.”

We just got Comcast business class here.   We have static addresses
assigned to our account, but the Comcast router/modem does both NAT and
regular routing at the same time.  It's DHCP server will serve addresses
from 10.1.10.10 to 10.1.10.199.  That's the Comcast fail safe - if you
"forget" to configure your interface to one of the static addresses they
give you, and leave it on DHCP, then it will still work.  (At least until
you try to use VoIP!)

--
Steve