[Freeswitch-users] FreeSwitch Skype installation and clients startup issue

Muhammad Shahzad engrmuhammadshahzad at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 22 02:09:44 MSK 2013

Hi Guys,

I am trying to setup FreeSwitch for Skype calling, I have followed the steps
mention in below URL and my Linux distribution is Centos 5.5 64bits..

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Skypiax

Face issue while starting the skype clients, pls help me out.

[root at FreeSwitch install]# sh
/usr/local/freeswitch/skypopen/skype-clients-startup-dir/start_skype_clients
.sh

ERROR: Module snd_pcm_oss does not exist in /proc/modules

ERROR: Module snd_mixer_oss does not exist in /proc/modules

ERROR: Module snd_seq_oss does not exist in /proc/modules

mknod: `/dev/dsp': File exists

insmod: error inserting
'/usr/local/freeswitch/skypopen/skypopen-sound-driver-dir/skypopen.ko': -1
File exists

Fatal server error:

Server is already active for display 101

        If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X101-lock

        and start again.

bash: /usr/local/freeswitch/skypopen/skype-clients-symlinks-dir/skype101: No
such file or directory

Fatal server error:

Server is already active for display 102

        If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X102-lock

        and start again.

bash: /usr/local/freeswitch/skypopen/skype-clients-symlinks-dir/skype102: No
such file or directory

Fatal server error:

Server is already active for display 103

        If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X103-lock

        and start again.

bash: /usr/local/freeswitch/skypopen/skype-clients-symlinks-dir/skype103: No
such file or directory

Fatal server error:

Server is already active for display 104

        If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X104-lock

        and start again.

bash: /usr/local/freeswitch/skypopen/skype-clients-symlinks-dir/skype104: No
such file or directory

Fatal server error:

Server is already active for display 105

        If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X105-lock

        and start again.

bash: /usr/local/freeswitch/skypopen/skype-clients-symlinks-dir/skype105: No
such file or directory

Regards,

Shazi