[Freeswitch-users] Determine if a number is valid/working

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Feb 19 22:37:02 MSK 2013

Well, pretty much the only way to guarantee that a number is working is to
call it and see what happens. I suspect Ken Rice has some experience in
this area and I'd definitely like to hear it. If anyone else has thoughts
I'd like to hear them as well.

-MC

P.S. - Why does the customer think that calling the number and playing a
short message will take too long? Also, what is the customer's primary
concern about the web leads having non-working numbers? Is it because they
have humans manually dialing them and it's a waste of time when the person
comes across a bad number?