[Freeswitch-users] Problems setting up mod_gsmopen

J G joakim+freeswitch-users at gissberg.nu
Sun Feb 17 10:29:52 MSK 2013

Hi!

I am trying to figure out how to get my E173 to work with Freeswitch. I
accually had it working a few months ago and don't know if I have changed
anything to break it. But atleast we know it is proven to have worked and
has voice unlocked.

The interface registers in gsmopen very randomly, something I have read is
a problem for others too. Usually it connects to the provider via USB2, and
sometimes USB0, but it is very random. This is not my main problem though,
it is to get it working at all.

On the (random) ring interface I get this output via picocom if I call the
number:

RING

+CLIP: "+61468440XXX",145,,,,0

That should be the "controldevice_name", right?

The other two are silent, but I did get some scrambled output on one,
...once.

If I get it to connect to the network, and try to call out, I get nothing
on one interface, and an error if I select the other:

19.218876 [ERR] switch_core_io.c:806 gsmopen/ANY/148 has no write codec.

What does that error try to explain to me?

Sorry for a very messy post, but everything feels so random and I can't
even reproduce for good logfiles. Make a call, sighup the logfile, and the
next call 10 seconds later the output is something totaly different, it's
that random!

I can work on proper logfiles if it's needed.

 - J